Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Go big or go home

Apparently, that's Obama's budget for ya.

My friend, Nick, sent me David Brook's "Moderate Manifesto" column from yesterday's Times. Brooks writes:
But the Obama budget is more than just the sum of its parts. There is, entailed in it, a promiscuous unwillingness to set priorities and accept trade-offs. There is evidence of a party swept up in its own revolutionary fervor — caught up in the self-flattering belief that history has called upon it to solve all problems at once.
I actually admire the political ambition even if I disagree with all of the policies. Obama is employing the "go big or go home" strategy and I'm stoked...as long as he fails. Someone at CPAC this weekend said we shouldn't wish Obama to ruin the country and that realistically speaking it will take more than one presidency to undo everything that is great about this nation of ours. I agree, but still want him as an individual as a liberal aggrandizing idealogue to fail. I hope a majority of his plan falls flat on its face. Lord help us if the plans actually go through and have to be implemented!

No comments: